Monday, August 29, 2011

Bidding Adieu to Ramzan

Exactly one month after my last blog in anticipation of Ramzan,i am writing my next one,bidding it adieu. It was indeed a month of peace and devotion,in a level that is impossible to find in any other month of the year. I personally think it is Ramzan,and not the largely non-special day of the celebrated New Year,that calls for real resolutions. Resolutions of this time are born of devotion and a desire to be closer to Allah,and such resolutions have infinitely more life than the empty ones we make in the beginning of January. All the things that usually take up our time in other days,seems petty and a respite from them is actually much appreciated,although we seem to think such things as indispensable then,like the television.
Of course,I look forward to eid,and I am not going to resent having breakfast and lunch and all other things again,but i am going to miss the charm of Ramzan too. Life and people are much simpler,and there is a huge dip in the level of bad feelings and bad talk. I only hope that i m able to keep justice to my resolutions and my Ramzan as a whole,by trying to relive its meaning in all the months to come,Insha Allah. 

1 comment: